Monday, November 10, 2008

Friday Night Pizza

Jim and I have started a tradition of having pizza on Friday night. We both love pizza, and by the end of the week I am sick of making and planning meals. Pizza is supper easy to make and I really don't have to think about it. Therefore, it has become our tradition. A tradition, I hope, that lasts for a long time.

The pizza recipe that I use, for all who are interested, has an easy, healthy home-aid crust.

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 t. rapid-rise yeast
1/2 t salt
1/2 t Miss Dash
1 to 1 1/4 c. water
2 T and 1 t olive oil
1 t minced garlic

Mix it all together (add more water or flour as needed to achieve correct consistency). Then I divide it in 1/2, put each 1/2 in a greased bowl and let it rise for about 4-5 hours. Each 1/2 should make one pizza. Roll it out (we like it pretty thin), and then bake for about 5 -10 min. at 410 deg. This gives the pizza a very crispy crust. (It is not necessary if you like a more doughy crust). I then add the sauce, toppings and cheese and finish cooking the pizza at 410 for about 10-15 more min.

One little tip that I have found is that I double the recipe and then divide the dough into 4. After the dough has risen, I wrap each ball in plastic wrap and freeze. Then on Friday morning, all I have to do is take out the dough, put it on the counter and then by supper it is ready to roll out and cook. Walla...Friday night pizza!

I am posting this in anticipation for an easy and yummy supper tomorrow night with the Sprick
children.

2 comments:

Hays Family said...

That sounds really good. Do you cook it on a stone or pan?

Rebecca: said...

On a pizza pan.