Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh, how I love fall


Fall is such a wonderful time of year. The season is changing, leaves are falling and you feel the urgent need to spend every second outdoors because soon the snow will start to fall. Last week was a beautiful fall week. I took advantage of it by hanging out some loads of laundry on the line in our backyard. Now, I am not new to this whole hanging cloths out on the line thing, but it has been quite a while since I have. This fall is the first time that I have regularly hung cloths out since back when I was in nursing school. (about 10 years ago!) About 2 months ago, I was eagerly hanging cloths out because I had found renewed interest in it, and my neighbor lady came over. Now, my neighbor that I am talking about is a very nice elderly lady, probably in her mid to late 80's. She said, "You can come over and use our dryer." I replied, "Thanks, but I really want to hang out the cloths today." Then she said, "Well, isn't your dryer broke? That's why you are hanging the cloths out." I assured her that our dryer was indeed not broke and that I really wanted to hang my cloths out. In a very skeptical voice she said, "OK, but really, you can use our dryer any time." This really made me chuckle and reminded me that I need to hang out my cloths more often! Plus, as a side note, I love how cloths out on the line looks blowing in the wind.

1 comment:

Hays Family said...

I like hanging clothes out too but we have no place to do it! That is funny about your neighbor!