Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My title and why I chose it

This is my first blog post. Wow, I can't believe I am actually doing this! Writing a blog is generally not something I would do: I am not technologically savvy, I am not an outstanding writer, and I don't feel like I have a lot of huge, new insights to share with the world. However, my husband has been pestering me to start and blog, so here I am.

I chose the title, raising beans and peanuts, because that is where I feel like my life is right now. I am a stay at home mom (most of the time), which means we are busy planting and picking beans to feed ourselves (this statement is only partially sarcastic), and I spend the majority of my time with my little peanut (Lydia). I am trying to embrace being a mother and learn what cool things I have forgotten from childhood in the process of growing up. This includes such things as cooking new and exciting meals, planting a garden, going to the library and blowing bubbles.

My vision for this blog is to share about our lives, what we have learned and how we are growing our family. Come along as we discover how to raise beans and peanuts.

2 comments:

Jim said...

You are in my reader and heart forever.

Hays Family said...

Yeah, I am SO happy!!!