Monday, January 26, 2009

A Flop

Well, I did it...I created a flop. I have been gradually trying to do projects around the house. I have been generally very happy with them. Take my blankie in the previous post or Lydia's bedroom. (I will post pictures of that later.) However, this project was disappointing. We purchased a bench for our breezeway(entry-way) about 2 years ago. I really like how it has worked out. However, I have been wanting a cushion for it since we have purchased it, but I could not find one that I liked or that fit. So I thought I could make one---you really only need straight lines for a cushion. Well, I did some measuring and it seemed like a bed pillow was just about the right size for the bench. I was really excited about that because then all I would need to do is make a pillow case type thing and put a pillow in it. Walla, the finished project----it looks like we are storing a bed pillow on the bench! I have not decided yet if I am going to leave it as it is, or try to find an actual cushion and redo the cover.

DSC04918

And now a fun picture of Lydia. She has suddenly started pretending that her stuffed animals are real. She will read to them, want us to read to them, feed them, pretend to change their diaper, put them in time-out. Here she is pretending to take a nap with her friend the bear.

DSC04925

3 comments:

Jim said...

I walk past it every day and think it looks nice.

Evelyn said...

What about a piece of dense foam that you can cut to the desired width and depth. You know the kind with the squared off edges? It probably comes in various thicknesses. Lay the fabric wrong side out over the foam and pin the edges with straight pins following the edges of the foam. Then sew along the pinned line, turn it right side out and 'stuff' your foam in, should fit fairly perfectly, sew the open end closed. Just thinking off the top of my head. We're always more critical of our own pieces of work:) Your cushion does look nice!

Hays Family said...

I like the foam idea Ev had. I think the pillow is a little too short but I LOVE the material!